Feb 27, 2013

Eating Old Laptops

I bought a customized laptop from Dell for about $1300 about four years ago. Graphics card got really unstable and I bought a tower last year. I listed the laptop for $150 on craigslist to no takers for at least two weeks, and finally sold it Sunday for $100.
Sunday night, I joined Dew, Chuck and Freda for dinner at Charlie Gitto’s in The Hill neighborhood. Ostensibly Italian food, although they invented the toasted ravioli. Menu was classic Americana- six layer lasagna, linguini with clams, pizza. At least they make their own noodles. The lasagna was actually great and huge. I’m happy, actually that I got to eat at one of the Italian restaurants on the hill, although it’s a seriously poor second to Boston’s north end.
Also, surprisingly expensive. It’s just kind of a snobby, stuffy restaurant. Of the $100 I got from the laptop, $60 went to this one meal. I can’t tell if that’s great or if its really horrible.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende