Feb 27, 2013

Housecleaning and beer

It’s basically taken me three days to finish the cleaning after Saori left. But then, I could have finished everything in a day with Saori’s help- its just one of those things where I’m basically killing time until I go to Tay’s place.
On the flip side, the apartment looks phenomenal, apart from the broken linolineum tiles in the kitchen. I cleaned out the fridge, cleaned the walls, cleaned the baseboards, pulled all the fur and crap out of the hallway runner, swept everything.
I took the final load of stuff to the storage facility, which was the hardest thing to do because it meant losing the wifi. But, had to be done. Fed Suki, sold the IKEA wine rack we got for free from the dumpster, (for $20, now partially converted to beer and goodwill among friends)
Today I ate another two donuts for breakfast, washed down with a small bottle of whole milk. Another bag of salad for lunch. For dinner, I stopped by Schnucks and bought a huge bag of Suki food and more kitty litter, and also picked up two drumsticks of fried chicken and some chips for dinner. Cheap cheap cheap. As long as I buy food from grocery stores, I’m going to save a lot of money.
I met up with Chuck and Adam and Jess and Dave O at 4 Hands Brewery tonight for a farewell drink. It was a place I’ve always wanted to go, but never have. Really good beer. Bar is more of a tasting room. Very industrial, not really cozy, more of the place if you’re really into beers and you want to try some local brews you can’t get in a bottle anywhere. I have to say I will really miss the beer culture here.
The apartment is effectively empty. I still need to get someone to buy the dining room chairs so I don’t have to donate them to Goodwill, and then there’s all the stuff I’m taking with me.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende