Apr 10, 2005

brief update

Had a nice dinner with Sally and Johnathan last thursday night at the Indian restaurant my family would always go to. In urban planning that day I got an 97 percent on my exam, which is worth about 20 percent of my grade for that class. Friday was really busy too, I directed the habitat truck into campus and helped load the framed walls of the shed I built so they could be taken back to be used in a house. Then I spent a few hours working with my classmates on a site model we decided to build out of class. It's the context and area outside of the site we're building on, so we can just pop our models into and out of the site. I was planning on going to the Beaux Arts Ball afterwards, but I was just drained. Ben grilled some steaks outside and Jen had her tri-tip and afterwards we played a few rounds of scrabble.
This weekend I've just been working on my architecture project, which is really a shame as is gorgeous, warm, and sunny with cool breezes. Fortunately it's due wednesday and not monday, but I'm going to try and get the model done today. I may also get a haircut, get it cut short for the summer. I'm going to look so wild after Europe.
While waiting for my concrete test pour to cure, I picked up The Fountianhead. I had read it the summer before coming to ASU and actually made comments in the margins. It's fun, because its like a conversation I have with myself. My studio instructor recommended that people read it before college, during college, and once again after one graduates, as different things will be noticed and taken.
Back to work. Try not to think about the dance competition that Sally and Jen's mom are going to see.
"Jen's mother is coming here? We shall double our efforts!"

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende