Aug 20, 2005

My Run-In with the Law

It was one of my typical wild friday nights. Jen and I'd were driving back in the minivan after watching the 9 oclock feature of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" at Arizona Mills. The police quadruple thier presence late friday and saturday nights around ASU. One of them turned on thier lights and pulled me over. Thank heaven I'd remembered to reregister the car, so I had all the paperwork on hand for the police officer. I'd been driving with my headlights off. I hadn't noticed since the dashboard lights were on. He took my licence and registration back to his car, returned it, and let me go without a ticket and didn't even give me a warning. He probably felt bad for me, a poor student in his parents minivan, nicely dressed, just back from a kid's movie with his date. There were much bigger fish to fry.

The movie was really good, except they did some stuff with Wonka's childhood which was a little strained and completely departed from the book. It was a really intersting contrast to the original movie, much darker.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende