May 3, 2011

This weekend was for haircuts. I got mine done at Cutters & Co. at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel in CWE. I don't mind plugging them because I think its a great deal. For the student package you get a beer, a haircut, and a thorough shampoo with a hot face towel for $15. That's what you pay at CostCutters to be attacked with clippers.

So its a lot shorter now. And you know who else got their hair a lot shorter? Suki. Her mats were out of control, so I took her in for her annual shaving monday morning before studio. So now the little lion is back. The groomers commented on what a strong cat she was for her age after wrestling with her to shave her belly.  She looks almost like a monkey now with that tufted tail. Her body is so tiny in proportion to the fur, so it looks like her paws and head got enlarged.

And of course, the weather is not cooperating. I've given up on trying to enjoy spring. I'm just going to have to wait for summer to get here. Tonight there is a frost warning. We had a few days of 80 degree weather literally about two months ago. This cold weather is beyond ridiculous. So to keep Suki sans her fur coat from freezing, I've had to turn on the heater.

Classes are wrapping up. I'm almost done with all my structures homework, we'll see how the test went. And a few minor things I need to write for my mid-century modernism class. And of course, studio.

I feel so worn out- I'm being harassed daily for not having my images on my boards lining up. Well, they're in progress- its idiotic to line them up when the proportions are changing! It's just irritating. I wish I could just work on my project in peace in this last week.

I feel so tired already. It's only been two days with six hours of sleep- the rest of the time I've been fairly well rested. I think that this summer is getting to me. My dreams are already going haywire- I haven't had this level of dream intensity since I was a teenager. I just need to sit down and do something, and I think I'll feel a little better.

For now, I'm just beat. My final presentation is next tuesday, which gives me effectively six days to get this project wrapped up in both the model and the presentation boards. My boards themselves are going to be huge. At this point, they're 11'-4" and 5' high. This is just about 60 square feet. I'm probably looking at around $100-$200 just to print. And I'm going to have one of the smaller boards in the studio. I know one classmate is going to have close to 22 linear feet of boards.

It's 12:42 AM, and I've just finished dinner: a bowl of ramen. (However, a good Samaritan came around the studio handing out carrots, fruit bars, and sorbet cups, so this is supplementary). I'm going to brush my teeth, hit the hay, and probably be out before 1:00 AM. My alarm will go off at 7 AM and I'll get up shower, quick bowl of cereal, and off to studio again....

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende