Jan 25, 2012

Alec's New Toy

I really really geeked out today over my new computer. There was the excitement of picking up two giant packages at FedEx. I breathlessly dragged them up the stairs to studio, trying to keep them out of the miserable rain we've been having. And when I started cutting open taped cardboard boxes, it was like I was 8 again, unwrapping a giant box of Legos.

I bought what I'd call a mid-range performance computer. Computer, as in tower and monitor, not a laptop. Pretty good specs- 3.4 GHz i7 processor, 1.5 terabyte hard drive, 12 gigs of memory. A gigantic, gigantic 24" LED monitor. Pulling it all out of the box at studio, people were commenting on how excited I was.

Setting it up, installing my favorite standard software- Picasa, Firefox, Avast. Trying to uninstall all the bloatware Dell pre-loaded on my computer. It's really exciting.  I can't wait to see how my 3d software and rendering engines run on this thing.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende