Jan 17, 2012

The Last Supper (Before School Starts)

Today is the first day of classes- technically. The only thing on my plate today is the Design Thinking class, which I have no idea of what will happen. My guess is a two hour lecture on what we're supposed to be doing, why we're taking that class, what is the value in DT as a methodology.  Anyway, that's not until two, so we had the luxury of a soft entry to the day complete with lounging, coffee, sausages, toast, and fried eggs.

Last night began with a ham. A giant spiral ham we picked up at Target. Sticking it in the fridge, I thought, wow, that's a giant ham. We should invite some people. So we called up Dew who had just gotten back into town, and then Kenny. Once they got here, Dew was complaining about not being able to find a roommate for this semester, and then simultaneously Hiep posted on facebook about looking for a room. So the room went into an uproar as everyone scrambled to contact Hiep, and I ended up driving out to pick him up as well.

The ham was fantastic and we served it with baked sweet potatoes (still a little underdone, I need to find a better recipe), and salad. We invited our downstairs neighbor, Toly, since we were making a lot of noise, and he came up and joined us for some Wii games for an hour or so.

 A good welcome back party for the group.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende