Aug 5, 2006

some pinturas from our primer dia

The pictures below (in no general order): the view from our 8th floor apartment balcony with the massive car park, the street scene in our quiet neighborhood, Professor Vekstien at the airport picking up all of us kids, and the view of my bedroom for the next month or so, before I lose it to either Jamie or Aldo when we all switch. One person gets the big bed, and the other two share a room and two small beds, one of which is a trundle bed. Last night we met up with most of the undergrads who were here, and cabbed it out to a club by the port. $10 cover was pricey copmpared to everything else here, but it included a drink. Got back at three AM and slept until noon. I´m becoming Porteno already. The apartment windows here are equipped with an ingenious wooden blind system. Its an exterior blind operated from the inside by a band of fabric. If you lower it at first, then there are about quater inch gaps between the 1 inch slats of wood, but when it hits the floor, each slat begins to stack on top, so if you lower it all the way, it completely blacks out the room. This was undoubtably useful as the Portenos tend to stay out till the early morning and sleep very late. We need something like that in Arizona, to help with the heat.

1 comment:

hamsterbeem said...

I'm so excited to be reading about all of the stuff you are doing down there already! Are there a lot of people living in the same building as you, or close to at least? I like the idea of staying up late and sleeping late as well. I'm a night person so I would fit in really well with that lifestyle. Well, hope all is well (sounds like it is), and that you have a fantabulous weekend. I'm thinking about starting a blog like this.(acutally, I think I have to in order to post this comment to you). I like that the idea of it forcing me to document my life and write more, and since I'm on my computer so much anyways it may be a good idea. Plus, I can keep you guys and some of my other friends all over the country updated on what's going on back in AZ.
Take care and tell Aldo I send hugs. And there's one for you too! ;)

:jamie

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende