Aug 2, 2006

tres amigos

Yesterday was a socializing day. Met Emily for coffee at Scottsdale Fashion square (a mere conveinance store next to Mall of the Emirates), then drove out to see Nickee for lunch, and finally joined Ivonik for drinks at Four Peaks.

Working my last minute list of things to get done, reconfirmed everything with the apartment people down in Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires! I'm going to South America! I can't believe it. I leave tomorrow.

Today I called up Dell Tech Support and they talked me through dissassembling my computer. The guy I talked to said it was either the memory chip or a problem with the motherboard. In order to determine which it is, I need a memory chip I know is good to substitue. I'll borrow a friend's in Argentina, then see where to go from there. Yeesh. Bad luck on little things, phenomenal luck overall. I drove out to DWL architects and left the dates with them in the staff room. Things are about the same over there. That's the thing I'm going to have to get used to- the consistancy from year to year at the same job.

With luck my laptop will re-awaken in Buenos Aires, but either way, you can contact me at alecperk@gmail.com and I think I should be able to have access to internet somehow. Time to finsih packing and making calls.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende