May 18, 2012

A day of Shopping

This morning, after sending a Thank-you email to Constant at Luxmark for the interview, Saori and I headed out to the outlet mall for potential-professional-wear. I was looking in particular for a blazer. I don't even know why we bothered with the Gap outlet or the Old Navy outlet, since we ended up spending about an hour in the Banana Republic outlet. I actually found an amazing deal on a really nice cut blazer- $80 for a blazer which normally sells for over $220. I also bought some great fitting pants and a new tie.

If I had a backyard strip mall, Banana Republic outlet would definitely be there, right next to the Orange Julius/Dairy Queen combined store.

We went straight to a friend's violin recital, which is incredibly impressive given that he was an architecture student in his last semester of undergraduate. I've tried to make time to do things I really care about (people take time to run and train for marathons, practice guitar and violin, etc) but it always seems to slip into me spending way too much time in studio.

Came home, applied to another job, napped a bit.

Afterwards, I picked up Chuck and Hiep, and Chuck treated us all to dinner of hotpot and Chinese buffet, which is actually one of the best buffets I've ever had. Actually, the food wasn't bad and the hotpot was pretty good.

We talked about the scariest places in our lives, and of course, I had to bring up the creepy bedroom under the roof in my grandma's house, with the door at the back of the closet which opens to the inky, stuffy darkness of the attic/insane evil of the stellar void.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende