May 21, 2012

On the road again

Last night, I hosted a white sangria and cards night. It was kind of a whim thing that we only advertised on facebook around noon, so relatively short notice. It was a good excuse to get the apartment really cleaned up and straightened up, even though as I was joking with Saori, probably only one person would show up.

Actually, two people responded with "yes" on the facebook event list, although the rule of Facebook events is that "yes" means "maybe" and "maybe" means "no." So I was quite surprised when we ended up hosting about eight people, including our downstairs neighbor, Toly, who ended up showing a few of us how to play a Russian card game called дурак (idiot). So the night ended up with Toly, me, Saori, and Ryohei, a Japanese basketball player, playing the Russian card game until about 1am.

We'd made about two and a half wine bottles of white sangria and the group pretty much killed it, and I definitely helped. I used a Chablis base with a muscato mix and the wine was very floral- with the fruit- it almost smelled like an expensive soap. Taste was pretty good of course.

Anyway, this morning, we cleaned up, packed, and drove to visit my brother in Bloomington, Indiana. We're going to spend the night here and then head up to Chicago for a bit before swinging back down to St. Louis.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende