May 19, 2012

saturday

I'm beginning to worry I may be stuck in St. Louis without a job for the summer. While this is not a terrible thing in an of itself, it has severe repercussions as far as my wallet and future student debt goes.

I havn't given up all hope- there's still a shred of hope that next week, I'll find out that I got an internship someplace. And perhaps the offer will be delivered on a magical unicorn too.

Today was a slow, easy day. I ran with Saori in the morning, picked up the living room a bit, bought more white sangria ingredients, and helped Freda take care of her final storage unit stuff before dropping her off at the airport. It makes me sad that I might not see her again for a long time, since she's going to study abroad my final semester.

I think I will come back for graduation in the spring, through. It's just so freaking pleasant. Plus, the cool hats the graduate students get to wear.

What is not cool and pleasant is this apartment. Today's high was 97. Inside, because we're trying to not run the A/C, it got up to 88.5. That's pretty warmish.

Tonight, we went over to Dave's place for movie night, and finally settled on Brazil. Every time I see it, I feel like the United States edges ever closer to that dystopian world. If you really look at it, everything in that bureaucratic system is right and proper. Everything is documented, mistakes are followed up and dealt with, and they're winning the war on terrorism. It's just a soulless and inhumane place. I'm actually waiting for republicans to introduce the idea of having convicts pay for their own investigation, interrogation, and incarceration.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende