Jan 8, 2006

Clubbing with Barkley

What a night. Chase and I grabbed a bite to eat at the Indian food restaurant near my apartment. We then drove out The Phoenician because I'd never been there before, and we figured, hey why not? Walked around there, right into a corporate event: Celebrity Look-Alike Ball. I saw Joliet Jake, the Stapler guy from Office Space, and Napoleon Dynamite. We tried to get into the bar at Mary-Elanes, but they didn't allow Chase to go in with jeans. It's just as well, as I'm sure drinks there would have been comparible to the ones at Monte Carlo. We stopped to admire the pool and the main entry, then pressed on.

Next stop was James Hotel in Old Town Scottsdale, a trendy boutique hotel which opened only a few years ago. We stopped at the j bar there and stayed awhile. It was really packed. The decor at night is really cool. They had some really interesting lighting effects.

Our last stop was the Valley Ho, which had just reopened its doors after a massive renovation a few weeks ago. Valet service only, packed with people, and we passed basketball legend Charles Barkley once inside. Very happening place. Chase and I got a drink and talked for awile. He's taking his business is a slightly new direction, setting up a reservation service like expedia except for adventure sports. To write the software for this database, Chase (who is my age) has hired on two student interns from the advanced computing program at Boulder. He's paying them, and the school is letting him give the students credit. He still needs a slogan though. Any suggestions? Anyway, we stayed at the bar until about midnight, and then Chase dropped me off back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot about sweet little annette!

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende