Jan 20, 2006

The Music Addenendum

Between classes I went over to the music library to browse thier selections. They have a massive CD collection, although I would say is 95 percent classical and opera. They do have some more interesting CDs mixed in there, and with my ASU ID, I was able to check out as many as I wanted.
Let me step back a bit. The majority of ASU students aren't even aware that there is a music library. I knew it existed, and it still took me a while of hunting to find it. For those people who do searches for the ASU MUSIC LIBRARY and find my blog, its located on the third floor of the music hall which looks like a wedding cake. The signage is terrible.

Anyway, I picked up a few CDs my collection was lacking:

Jesse Cook's Free Fall
The best of John Lee Hooker
Beatles Let it Be
Beatles Abbey Road
Beatles Hard Day's Night
Tosca with Pavarati
Madame Butterfly with Pavarati
Turendot with Pavarati
and Pure Disco, a compilation of the most enduring hits of the 70's.

I popped that in our stero and blasted YMCA and Funkytown while I made fish for dinner after getting off of work. Right now I'm just enjoying the variety of music. I really confused the heck out of the librarian who checked all the music out to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madam Butterly and the Villiage people.... you got the classics! ;)

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende