Jan 31, 2013

Sasha's Wine Bar- done, don't need to do it again.

Saori and I finally made it to Sasha's, a wine bar in Demun which was apparently very popular among our friends in grad school. Vivian was shocked we'd never been there thus far. The ambiance is ok, the crowd was older, the bar is nice. There's a patio outside and a blackboard on the wall with specials written in chalk. They have a decent selection of bottles, but it's all pretty expensive. I ordered a glass of their cheapest red, which still set me back $7. It was good, actually. Lasted awhile. Saori and I had a glass and a half and that was fine for the night. Any more, and I wouldn't have felt comfortable driving. Service, when we could get it, was good.

The band was beyond terrible. They a brass jazz band that was literally painful to hear. I am amazed that when the trumpeter attempted to hit his high notes that no wineglasses broke. And they were really loud. My sense of music is not as developed as Saori's. I thought they were just bad; Saori thought the saxophonist was appalling. Incredibly, there was a table of people right in front of them really getting into the music.

So: Sasha's- check!

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende