Jan 15, 2013

tablets, etc.

I got back to St. Louis sunday night. I've made a few lists, made a pot of beans, worked on my lists of things to do. In short, I am here for about a month to pack, clean, get rid of stuff, and find a job.

I used christmas money to buy myself a Google Nexus 7, a tablet, and I've been pretty hooked on it. The unfortunate thing is that whatever device recognizes tilt or tablet orientation is broken or malfunctioning, so it doesn't ever autotilt, and its totally useless for games involving steering or tilting. To rotate the orientation, I have to open skype for landscape, and instagram for portrait.

So, I mailed it back to Newegg for a replacement unit. It's going to be a long week. You know I'm addicted when I even set up grandma with wifi and fought through her ridiculous internet connection.

But there is also time for some enjoyment: today Saori and I met Dew and Chuck and Emily and Kenny and his girlfriend for some ice skating. My friends always want to know how I got to be such a proficient skater. I'm kind of surprised that more people, especially from colder climates, aren't better skaters. I guess I always assumed that people in cold climates just ice skated a lot.

So we did that, and then sat in front of the fire for awhile. Afterwards, Saori and I ate beans I'd slow-cooked all day, and then I met Dew at the climbing gym. It was pretty packed, but we met a few people who showed us "Or" routes to problems we'd been struggling over.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende