Mar 7, 2005

Papa's Got a Brand New Vac

The Critique
The reviewers (Navine and a work colleauge of his) liked the project and the concept behind it. However, they thought that using minor paths I had drawn up directly from the cemetery grid below detracted from the main idea, and that the intersection point wasn't as powerful as it could have been portrayed in the watercolor. I'll try and post some of those images and link them here soon. Apart from that, they liked it.

Recovery
As I had no sleep and skipped my structures lecture to get my work blitz done for studio, I was completely drained, both physically and mentally when I got back from the review. I came home, took a two-hour nap, told Jen I couldn't make Salsa that night, ate a little food, and went to bed. Thursday morning I got up and wrote a two-page critique of a planning paper (I may have mentioned it before, with Brenda double cited) and took it to class.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I mostly chilled out. I finished my process book for the second project. Sunday, I went to the afternoon Salsa class to make up for Wednesday. It was much smaller, much more relaxed, and much more enjoyable than my night class, which feels more like salsa boot camp. After the class, Jen and I went to Marvo's for hot ciabatti sandwiches for lunch. It was a beautiful day out, good thing too, as I had inadvertantly left the headlights on and drained the battery in the minivan. I called HondaCare and sent a guy out to give me a jump. Had I been thinking more clearly, I would have called Sally, which would have been a lot closer. In the meanwhile, I read about how to jump a car.

Housekeeping
I've been re-arranging my room. I pushed the bed back against the wall, which freed up a lot of space, and put my easy chair beside the desk for reading and studying. When Sally came over to pick up Jen for Condo shopping, she dropped off a vaccum cleaner. It's a really nice one, worked great on our carpets, and not too noisy either. However, our carpets do need pretreatment and steam cleaning. I don't know what it is that gets into it. It's not like we have parties or anything like that. We're just two guys who don't clean much. Anyway, at least we have clean carpets now.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende