Mar 3, 2005

what a week

Counting back....
Missed my watch in the mail this morning when I was in the shower. I bought an i-control watch with this cool rotating bezel that lets you set an alarm by turning its indicators to the hour and minute. This will be useful for time management. Just finished writing a 2-page paper on a planning article on Amarillo Yard Art. I was bemused to find Aunt Brenda cited twice.
The last five days I spent on studio projects, working more feverishly as the deadline loomed. Monday night, I got five hours of sleep. Tuesday night, I didn't sleep. I skipped my structures lecture and worked up until the last minute, brewing tea occationally to keep me going. This is phase two of the cemetery project. What was due:

1 model of stacked chipboard at 1/8"=1' scale, which translates to a model about a foot and half by little more than two feet. There was just a lot of detail work, and a lot of cutting as there's 12 layers of 2-ply chipboard in my wall. Wore out a lot of blades doing just the cutting. The end product was missing about half the trees, but the general foliage idea was there. The rest of it looked pretty good, craft-wise.

1 plan at 1/8"=1' scale. Drafted on a 2' by 3' sheet of paper, neicht cheap since you have to buy a 32" by 40" watercolor paper and cut it down. Drafted out the plan then watercolored it. Jen showed me how to get more consistant, even tones, so my watercolor looked better than my last plans. Contrast needs to be popped up a bit, but I was using really light washes to let the drawing come through.

1 section (really an elevation of the wall) at the eigth scale and watercolored. I used my technical pens instead of drafting out the hardlines to save time.

8 3-D formZ renderings. People really liked my renderings. I'm decent with formZ. I used family members in my renderings. You can see the renderings here. The first three images. The perspective isn't exact but oh well, looked ok for last minute.

20 processbook pages. I literally printed these and cut them fifteen minutes before class. I didn't even lay them out. I just took my strongest process wook and inspirational images and had the computer size them at 5x7 and then print them 2 to a sheet.

the results of the review...stay tuned!

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende