Mar 20, 2005

Whew! Thursday

Thursday at my planning class I got my second paper back with an A, which made me happy. Right after that, I met Chase Kimball at my apartment for a final planning session for our European trip. He's in town for spring break this week. We made plans, and booked the majority of the youth hostels we are going to be staying at. We worked all afternoon, stopping by STA travel for a eurail timetable and to answer some questions we had. Around seven, we went to Bamboo club for dinner. I ordered fried calimari, really good, and not too expensive. I was bemused to find whole fried tiny octopi mixed in with the calimari rounds. Afterwards, we drove to Club Tropicana, where there are public salsa lessons for an hour. Chase, who had never danced before, worked on his basic moves while I learned a new move. There were a lot of older people there, along with a few ASU students. Anyway, Chase got a few dances in while the club was still pretty empty. After the crowds started filling the small dancefloor he stepped out to the sidelines and wached. Jen came pretty soon afterwards and we demonstrated more Salsa and Merengue. We danced for a bit, then conferred with Chase, just going over final things, action items, etc. We then shook hands and said "See you in Paris!" After watching our teacher's dance team do a short performance, we got our homework cards stamped and went home to pack. I got to bed around one AM.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende