Oct 11, 2005

Mission Statement 2.0

Reworked it a bit, trying to add in a little more about being proactive.

I am Alexander.

The worlds outside and the worlds within
are mine to explore, to enjoy, and to create.

I shall never be lost, as long as I
drink from the spring of truth,
follow the river of knowledge,
walk the right path, and
stand on the earth of my family.

I fear not failure, but inaction,
which kills the breath of brilliance.
but by my courage, I shall earn success:
When I act, the world moves with me.

I shall walk all my days in sunlight,
and when my fading vision sights
the far and final wink in the west,
I shall wink back
because I did and was all that I can
and all that I am.
and I remembered to laugh.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende