Oct 16, 2005

Yum Kippur

The other night, I came home to find Ben's dad working in the kitchen. He had a bunch of great smelling food on the stove. It was Yom Kippur, the day of Attonement for Jews. They celebrate the new year about a week before on Rosh Hashana, and spend that week thinking about atonement, sort of like an annual cleaning of the soul, I guess. Anyway, it culminates with a fast, so Ben's dad had not eaten since the night before, 24 hours before that. He had decided that instead of breaking the fast at Taco Bell, he'd come over and cook for his son.

He made us huge broiled chicken breasts with garlic and onions, boiled broccoli, and rice with chicken stock, all served with wine and fresh french bread. It's the best meal I've had in a long time.

Still working on studio projects. I got a small massing model done yesterday, tweaking this and that. Played chess and watched movies with Jen last night. We may go to the desert botanical garden tonight and look at the gourd festival.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende