Oct 12, 2005

One of those days

Yesterday was really not my day at all. I was halfway to school before I remembered I had left my paper at home and so I had to turn around to go get it (better, I suppose, than remembering it before class). And that's how the day started. For the rest of the day I forgot things, dropped things, and nearly fell of my bike just riding on campus. When I went grocery shopping last night, I realized I'd left my debit card at the pizza place I'd eaten at for lunch. And then I had a reallly horrible dream in which I ate or otherwise lost both my arms at the shoulder.

It's these days that I have to slow myself down before I really get into trouble.

Grandma Case, however, has had a much more interesting time in Utah. Danger Betty, they call her. I managed to catch her online:

We went down to Moab for two days last week-end. We hiked in the big rocks. National Park Arches and the Canyonlands. that was fun. Didn't hurt my back and than we took a raft trip down the Co. River thru a few rapids. Had to paddle all the wayy. Most anyway. There was a guy from the New York Times that was doing a piece for suspose to be Thursday this week. They wanted someone to take the kyac and of course David volunteered. That left Brenda, the young girl guide little) myself and Carlotta to paddle and that went fine . It was sunny and nice. Stopped for lunch very nice. They know how to prepare a picnic in the sand. than Brenda did the little boat and the wind came up some so she traded back with David. Well when we were almost about 3/4 of a mile from our goal a storm came up rain and the wind was really strong blowin us back down the river. the guide banked it to turn the boat around and we got out and everyone almost got stuck in quick-sand like mud. Brenda had it up to her thigh. Carrie got stuck and pulled her shoe off. well what a mess. David had been watching for us and he ran down to where we were. About that time the wind died down and with David paddling too we were able to sail on home. Muddy but alive!

Wish I had days like that!

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende