Oct 4, 2005

Mission statement

In my Finding Purpose class we've been working on value clarification and excercises leading up to the creation of a mission statement. Mission statements identify core values and goals, and act as compasses as life can throw curves or begin to gradually shift you from where you want to be. This mission statements should be read every morning and should have an effective term of 10 years, when its time to re-evaluate where and who you are.
Here is a rough draft of my mission statement. We're supposed to mull it over for a few weeks, see what needs to be tweaked to be just right, and submit a final copy in november.

I am Alexander.
The world without and the worlds within
are mine to explore, to enjoy, to create.

I will not fear to face the sun
so long as I drink from the spring of truth,
swim in the river of knowlege,
walk the right path,
and stand on the earth of my ancestors.

I will not fear failure,
but by my courage, earn success.

When the last I see is the last wink in the west
I shall wink back
because I did and was all that I am.

Until then, I will walk in the sun,
and call the whole world home,
and take it with me.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende