Oct 24, 2005

time gets crunchy

Had a busy weekend. Saturday afternoon, I took a break and went to the desert botanical garden with Jen for thier Pumpkin Festival. It was so packed, we had to park in Papago park and hike for about fifteen minutes. While we didn;t see much in the way of pumpkins, there were country folk singers, and we walked through an enclousure packed with monarch butterflies. We decided to pass on the hayride in the back of the truck.

Worked past midnight saturday night, sunday night, and will definately tonight. Can't stay up too late though, since I dont have any down time during the day. Test tomorrow in human factors. The last one was screamingly easy, and I managed to keep abreast of the readings. His lecture material is all based on the readings anyway.

This morning Jen took me to an exotic wood shop, where I found beautiful peices of african hardwood, rosewood, ebony, teak, maple, oak, lacewood etc. It made me wish I could carve. Jen needed to pick up some oak plywood. This plywood isn't the stuff you get at Home Depot. This plywood is made with multiple veneers, and is used in cabinet making. Her class project is to make conceptual "frames for a dream" for kids with cancer. Her child's dream was "to not be sick anymore." Its impossible to discuss the projects without her begining to tear up.

Anyway. Quiz tomorrow, Exam thursday, project due monday. Yow.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende