Nov 12, 2005

Mr. Woodland Creature

Yesterday morning I called the Nationwide Vision by my apartment and they said they could take me immediately. I went in and looked at frames while I waited for them to finish with a 92 year old man. I had them give me a full eye check-up including pupil dialation. The news is good: my eyes look fine, and my vision has finally stabilized. There's almost no change from my last perscription. One more good thing about being 21 is that you stop physically changing. Anyway, I took about half an hour looking at frames. In the end, I narrowed down my choices between a thick tortoushell frame with kind of copper side peices and a frameless one similiar to a pair of glasses I'd had before. Jen really liked my thick framed black glasses, and disliked the frameless, and the saleswoman also liked the thicker frames much better. She said that the frameless just dissapeared. So I went with the thicker frames.

Following mom's adage, I asked about discounts. Since I had a cigna card they knocked off $50. Very nice. I went ahead and got the polycarbonate scratch resistant coating and since it was only 9 dollars more, got a 1 year warrenty against BREAKAGE. The lenses, exam, frames, coatings, etc came out to $240. Ouch. I'd forgotten how expensive glasses are.

The other problem is that my eyes stayed dialated like a woodland creature's until the early evening. I had a really hard time biking home since it was so bright outside, even though I had sunglasses. Since my lenses were also paralyzed I couldn't focus close, so I couldn't read or work on the computer. This pretty much killed my day. I went into studio late in the afternoon, wearing a huge brimmed hat and sunglasses. The one positive is that I think I've got my roof structure figured out for my project.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende