Nov 25, 2005

Thanful for You

I really have so much to be thankful for, I truly am blessed. I'm thankful for my family in Moscow, who keep sending me money, and supporting me in everything I do. I'm thankful for all my grandparents, that I have been able to know them so well for so long, and that they were willing and happy to have flown me out to spend thanksgiving with them. I'm thankful for Jen, who also offered to have me over for thanksgiving, and for pushing me to be even better. I'm thankful for Sally and Jonathan, who not only invited me to thier family reunion/thanksgiving, but also got mom's mallow pie recipie and made it just for me. I'm thankful for all of everyone's love.
I'm thankful for all the opportinities I've had, and thankful that I've been able to capitalize on so many of them. I'm thankful that I live in a place where on thanksgiving, it was a sunny 70 degrees. I'm thankful for Suki for her undying adoration.

Thanksgiving day, I stopped by the local liquour store and picked up an Austrailian Merlot before heading over to Sally's. Both of Sally's brothers and her father were there. This was a special occasion, as they hadn't all been togather under one roof for a long time. Tons of food; Jonathan carved up the turkey with his new electric knife, there was sweet potato pie, mashed potatos, fresh rolls, deviled eggs, green beans, and cranberry sauce. For dessert, there was the option of cherry, blueberry, or pumpkin pie, and banana bread. Lots of wine too, my reserve merlot turned out great with the turkey.

Well, back to work. I finished my base for the final model wednesday night, and today I need to get started on the "steel" frame construction before I start adding the walls. Project due in six days!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Case said...

We are thankful for wonderful sons.

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende