Nov 2, 2005

Recovery day

Today it was my pleasure to sleep in past noon. I'm really glad our studio starts at 1:15. Today all I did was go in and watch other people present thier projects. This round of projects were really good. I was really impressed. It's really a driving force for me to see the quality of work other people are doing. Sometimes I feel like I've reached a plataeu, that my level of design has reached a certain stagnant point. Maybe it was just this project, or the half-way method I designed it. I started working from the teachers suggestion that we build it up from the certain moments we wanted within the space, but when I saw it led me to a design I disliked, I abandoned that approach and went back to working down from an overall concept about the space. This sort of compromise I think limited the quality of my design. Anyway, we have three weeks to improve it.
I need to read "House of Leaves" its sounds like a facinating book, and its been recommended to me twice.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende