Nov 15, 2005

Wall scones and race considerations in kitchen design

This morning I picked up my new glasses. A few people commented on them that they liked them. They look pretty good on, although maybe a little large. We got our tests back from the second exam. I got a 91%, so I'm in pretty good shape for this final paper and the final exam. In finding purpose we talked about interviewing and resumes. He gave us advice as what the most important places on the page were, to de-emphasize dates, and to remember that the sole job of a resume is to get you an interview. We also talked a bit about interview questions and what to expect from behavioral interiviews, where the companies try to find out more about your personality type.

In my human factors class, the teacher didn't even show up for the student presentations.

Instead, he had his student aide set up the computer stuff and a tape recorder. The powerpoint presentations are mediocre, but there are little bits which make it worth watching.

One presentation, discussing lighting, talked about how dramatic uplighting can be created through the use of wall scones. And he said "scones" too.
One presenter had no idea what he was talking about when presenting a point about how flourescent lighting worked.
Another group mentioned race as a factor in kitchen desgin. I suppose if you are a Pueblo, then a built-in corn grinder might be desired, or adding a tandoori oven to an Indian kitchen, but these are cultural factors, not racial. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds good to me, swing down saturday night, and give me a ring.

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende