Jul 9, 2006

Four families, one family




Last night, over dinner at Red Lobster, I realized that I was eating with three other Perkins's, one from each of the sons of Grandpa, and his wife. Yesterday we got up late, had a hot breakfast at the hotel, and then went to Scottsdale Fashion Square. I picked up a few shirts, and then we had lunch at Kona Grill. Afterwards, we drove up to the Cine Capri and picked up advance tickets for Pirates of the Caribbean 2. We got there around 1:30, and they only had seats for the 9:50 PM showing. So we got those and then went back to the hotel to relax and watch TV. Jordan, Josh, and I shared a room. Jordan got a fold out couch and Josh and I each got a queen. Jordan is huge, about as tall as I am and still growing at 14 years old. Seems very mature for his age, although Josh and I kept weirding him out. Josh is doing well too, still active in the national guard and showing me some great pictures of him in full combat attire and camo with guns. His unit may be called up soon for duty. The movie was good, but not as much fun as the first one, and we saw it on the really big screen. They actually had people from the theater / disney? dress up as principal characters and mingle with the huge crowd. Never seen such a big line at the theaters. Anyway, Friday night, Josh brought in what I thought was just a little toy guitar with a few bright buttons. It's actually a plug in thing for the PS2, for a game called Guitar Hero, where you hold one or more of 5 buttons on the fret and stum when the screen shows you when to hit the note. Think of Dance Dance Revolution with Hendrix and a guitar instead of a dance floor. Its actually pretty fun and addicting. Josh is really good at it. They left this morning for the grand canyon. I'd have gone with them but I have to be at work tomorrow morning, and I still have many things to get done today. The world cup final is also playing right now, great game so far.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende