Jul 14, 2006

The Heat is On

It's baking in our apartment. The air conditioner is broken, so its 80 degrees although we have it set at 50. It's no longer funny, and just annoying when my weather bar beeps at me indicating severe heat advisories for Phoenix. Today's high is supposed to be 115.

Let's see. Wednesday I drove back from Tucson and straight to the self-storage. Got my storage unit set up and went home to start packing. All day Wednesday did that. Yesterday was a crazy day too. In the morning, I did a really stupid thing. I thought that to legally sell it, I had to be the owner of the car. So I signed my name to the back of the title above mom's notarized signature. This opened up a whole new world of problems for me. At the DMV when I applied for a duplicate title to write the new owner's name in, they told me that 1) I needed an original lein release and 2) I had to pay $90 in liscencing and registration fees.

I left very annoyed and concerned because the orignal lein release is somewhere in storage in some place. So, called parents up, and they gave me some advice, so I called up the Deer Valley Credit Union, where they had lien originally. They were actually a really big help. The woman I talked to still had the lein release on file, and printed out a new copy for me, and also notarized it. So all that was was having to drive up to north Phoenix to pick it up. Once I got it, I took it back to the DMV and then another person I dealt with said that since I was selling it, all it was $4 since I didnt need to register it. She also notarized the back, and I signed, so it was ready to be picked up and signed for as soon as my buyers came. She also asked me how much I wanted for it. When I told her, she was really shocked that it was so cheap. I told her that it needed a lot of work.

They came around 3 and signed everything, and handed over the money. I got my CD's out of the car, and they drove off to the DMV. Havn't heard from them so I guess everything's fine. I stilll need to indiciate in writing that I want to transfer the warrenty. Just more to add to the list. I went for a swim. The water was lukewarm. Sally and Jonathan and Sarah and Gabriel came a little while afterwards and they dropped off the Subaru, so I did a few more loads that evening before Aldo and I went out for a Pizza at Papa Johns. I really love pizza. Especailly thiers, covered with that garlic butter sauce. We ate an entire large pizza. It was great. Afterwards, dropped some more stuff off with Nickee, went home, and crashed on my inflatable matress.

She came over again this morning to help me pack up, and she did most of the kitchen. We went to IHOP for breakfast. Right now I'm 95% packed up and stealing bandwidth from the guy upstairs because I've canceled our cable and internet. Still working my list. It's so hot. Time for grocery store and bank.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende