Jul 31, 2006

Three days

Woke up around 5 this morning with jet lag. Finished reading Allende's Zorro, which was a fun swashbuckling read for the plane ride back to the states. Today I drove to Tempe and first picked up the mail, stopped for a bagel at Einsteins to sort through it and junk most of it, went to DMV and got a new drivers licence- finally I have a licence which looks real. Ran by the bank and deposited my last paycheck from DWL. Yesterday I went by the storage unit, got a "new" wallet and the inflatable matress for Sally for her relatives when they visit.

Man, hitting the wall right now. 9:30. Trying to stay up for awhile longer, although BA time is 2 hours forwards anyway. The laptop is still flakey, and I think I'm going to have to live with it for now. I took it in to Best Buy and they told me they'd have to ship it out and charge me a base of $250 for a diagnostic on it. I dont have time for all this shipping around nonsense. I'll take it down to Buenos Aires and hope the ship holds togather. Got an email from my prof down in BA. He said it was freezing down there the other day. Time to lose the tee shirts and shorts.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende