Jul 28, 2006

Strangeness

My computer wouldn't wake up in New York when I first landed there two weeks ago. It stubbornly refused to even turn on despite all my attempts and actions over my time here. Tonight, giving up all hope, I even called it in on the insurance to claim it. Then, at my gate, going through the final security, the security guy told me to turn it on. I began to explain that it was broken, pushing the on button as I did so, and it turned on. He waved me by, and I staggered to a seat, unbelieving. It was as Christ had commanded the lame man to walk. There is free wifi here, so I'm checking email and cruising along. I still can't believe this thing is working. Its just too wierd.

Said goodbye to mom and dad tonight, I hope they made it home to Abu Dhabi safely. It's a long drive and they dropped me at 11 PM. It's about 1 AM here. I have a long long day of travel ahead of me. I just want to go to bed. Great great great about my laptop. I just have to hope she survives the trip home. What phenomenal good luck. At the check in, I got a middle seat, but one at the first row- so huge legroom, plus, they tagged it so it can go straight on to Phoenix, just for me to place it on a conveyer right after customs, which will save me some time and energy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too strange Alec. However, seems to confirm my suspions that the battery on teh m board is toast.

Get someone to replace it and should be fine.

glad you are home safe. I'm in US later this week. Talk to you then.

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende