Jul 21, 2006

Maldives

I'm sitting on the front porch of my parent's casita, not 20' away from the white sand beach. We arrived here yesterday on a 3 AM flight out of Dubai, and then took a speedboat out to the private island owned by the resort. It's a pretty big resort, called Kurumba, and we got upgraded rooms. Each room is a separate building, and the bathroom is partially outside, so you can shower like you're in your own private garden. The water is clear and warm, but the wave action sucks, due to the rock wave breakers encircling the island close to shore. Exotic thai-inspired modern architecture. Today we went scuba diving for the first time. What an experiance! I'm marginally bathophobic, so I was a little concerned, but I really enjoyed it. It was just a discovery trip, so it was all very carefully controlled and very short dive, only about 30' deep. Still, theres nothign like looking up and seeing the surface of the water 30' above your head. A totally new experiance for me. Anyway, time for a light lunch, and then on to another deeper water dive.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende