Jul 1, 2006

ScottsdAliens

It's very surreal, spending four years in Scottsdale in high school, coming down to Tempe, for a few years, and going back up to Scottsdale again. It really gives me a chance to see Scottsdale from an outsider's eye. It's not exactly attractive. Last night while Aldo was out on a date, Ivonik and I went up to Scottsdale Fashion Square for a clearance sale at Express Men. I picked up a few shirts. Everyone at the mall was tanned, all the girls wore very short skirts and shorts, and everyone was slurping down frappuchinos. That is Scottsdale to me. We hit Kona Grill for sushi- decent, but not the best I've ever had. Then we came back to Tempe for Four Peak's happy hour and had a drink over there.

Today I listed the van at cars.com and registered for an email at alecperk@gmail.com for when I'm traveling abroad. Today I also need to drop some stuff at Goodwill, talk with the storage people and begin packing my stuff.

I can't compete with mom in Abu Dhabi, but even when its over a hundred here, it doesn't feel any better.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende