Dec 19, 2006

Abu Dabhi

Took off from Phoenix, Arizona at 6:30 AM monday morning, flew on to Dallas to meet my grandma Perkins, togather we traveled to New York's JFK airport where we waited for six hours for our 8:30 PM flight to Abu Dabhi, which arrived at 8:30 PM local time on Tuesday. It's been a lot of travel, especially considering I was only in Phoneix less than 48 hours before I took off again for an ocean crossing. My American Airlines flights were ok, not a lot of fun. Grandma was delayed coming from Oklahoma city becase they kicked one guy off the flight for calling one attendant an Asshole after they argued about they passenger using his cellphone during taxing. In New York, we asked about upgrading our ticket to Abu Dabhi. This turned out to cost over $2000, which is about double the price of the original ticket. We stuck with coach, which was perfectly fine with the excellent service, meals, foot wide seat back personal screens, etc. Best airline I've been on yet.

My only complaint s that somehow a piece of my luggage and a piece of grandma's luggage failed to make it to Abu Dabhi, which is quite something considering the fact that its a direct flight. So I'm a little short on clothes at present.

It is great to see my mom and my little brother again. Taylor just finished his last final today. Dad, unfortunately, is in Europe right now, but he should be back in a few days.

Driving by the mosques lit up at night and the desert scrub and palms, it's hard to believe that less than a week ago, I was in Buenos Aires living the cafe con leche life with medialunas.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende