Dec 9, 2006

Up the River Parana

Tonight I'm hopping aboard a delux bus to the northeastern tip of Argentina, way way up past Uruguay, to where Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina meet at the Iguazu falls. It has been such a struggle to decide where to go. The main places up for debate of where to travel:

Barlioche- gorgeous city on the shores of a Andean lake which is bounded on the other side by Chile, and the starting point for excursions to the lake district of Argentina.

Peninsula Valdez- home to all types of wildlife, native penguins, and the best place to pet a whale in the world.

Petit Moreno (sp?) Glaciar- year round, supposed to be amazing and a auditory as well as visual experience.

Urushuia- one of the most southern cities in the world at the tip of Terra del Fuego

Uruguay- the cute tiny coastal towns, Montevideo, etc.

Ultimately, I thought Iguazu would be a climax to the trip, a final big event to see like visiting the Grand Canyon before leaving the southwestern United States. So now my backpack is loaded and I bought the tickets this morning (all in castellano) and I'm ready to rock and roll.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende