Apr 6, 2012

So it goes

An old college friend from ASU, Sal, surprised us with a visit this week. He's driving cross country after picking up his brother's car in Miami, Florida, and driving it back across the US, so he's been bivouacking on the couch for a few days.

School goes and goes. Money runs short. I had to use a Christmas gift card to pay for printing costs. Falling behind in studio, but not irreparably so [my professor isn't concerned. yet.] , but then my project seems lack a certain edge that I'm looking for. Design thinking is great. Our review last tuesday went really well. I've ended up with something that could be really fun and interesting. Our landscape class is going to Chicago next week, so I booked a roundtrip megabus. Didn't get the $1 fare, but RT from STL was $50, a hundred dollars cheaper than the cheapest airline flight, and it will drop me at the central station of both cities. NEXT tuesday.

Yesterday, I went to the STL Earth Day Symposium. Shook some hands, handed out some buisiness cards. Mostly a crowd of engineers and public servants since the focus of the symposium was runoff, best management practices with water, green roofs, green corridors, and sustainable development. Student price was $30, but that included a 4gig flash drive with GIS environmental information for the region, which is gold. And lunch. Talked to a few people about filtration and water quality testing since it concerns my project. Seems they've heard about residual pharmaceuticals and artificial estrogen in the water, but at this point, nobody's interested in it or interested in paying for it. 

Two days ago, took Sal out for a drink in the central west end. At Lleweyns, an Irishish pub with a nice beer garden, I got a Left hand nitro milk stout, which is still being rolled out across the US. The bubbles on this one actually go down. I got one just to see how it worked. It really does go down like some kind of Willy Wonka invention. I'm not a huge fan of stouts but this one was pretty good. 

Going to make the drive up to Bloomington [on new tires] tonight for Tay's birthday, and come back tomorrow afternoon. 


No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende