Apr 2, 2012

unseason

Too busy. we're having a major DT pin up tomorrow, and I'm operating on about three hours of sleep from last night, five hours from then night before, and five hours from the night before. On the flip side, my DT instructor is pretty happy with where I'm at and he's really excited about the project.

Heat has come to St.Louis- today's high was in the 90s. It's supposed to drop 30 degrees tomorrow, though. So a temporary summer blast goes back to a unseasonably warm spring. I've got a blanket in studio now for taking naps outside on the shade on the grass behind the building. The high temperatures have made everything confused- plants, trees, squirrels. If this is a taste of summer, its going to be a hellacious summer here.

My allergies are going nuts.

This weekend went off pretty well- I took a bunch of students on a van tour of the city and we ended up at the arch. This was our route, which is a good way of showing some of the highlights of the city in under an hour.


View Larger Map

This route, for example, starts at (A) Washington University campus, meanders through forest park passing by (B) the St.Louis Art Museum, dips back up to the beautiful mansions along Lindell and with a little detour through a very exclusive and beautiful private neighborhood of mansions before continuing up Euclid (C) in central west end, then following Washington Ave towards the river, passing by the Contemporary Art Museum, the Ando-designed Pulitzer musuem (D), Grand Center, Urban Chestnut Brewery, through Locust street entertainment district, and finally ending at the arch grounds.

I think I did pretty well with my minivan. Nobody died, we got everyone to the airport on time, and people seemed to enjoy themselves. So with that, my tour of duty with the open house ended.

Dew, Chuck, Saori, and I went to Boba noodles last night. This is an amazing place. The main thing they do is sell boba tea in a variety of flavors and types (their hot ginger milk tea is phenomenal) but they're also surprisingly good and cheap for food- The beef noodle soup and the soy sauce chicken are fantastic, huge portions, and taste surprisingly authentic for such a poppy place.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende