Apr 29, 2012

tornadic saturday night

Yesterday, I worked until about 4 am, after getting up around 8 am the morning before. I did get about six hours of sleep this morning, coming into school around noon. I did get a lot of work done last night, but I decided to call it quits when I realized I was having a hard time forming coherent sentences.

Especially since I was handling medical syringes filled with carcinogenic and highly toxic acrylic solvent.

I was up that late to begin with because I'd drunk a Mellow Yellow around 11pm.

The thing was, Ryohei was leaving. He had been living in St.Louis for a few years studying and playing basketball for Fontebonne University ("F-U! F-U!" Dew hooted as we drove past the school), and working part time as a sushi chef. But really, he's a baller, and he was moving back to Japan since he graduated.

A party was in order, and he was a regular at Dew's parties, so we were all invited along. We got there late, toting a not terrible bottle of champagne, and Ryohei was already really animated. It was the typical goodbye party- Ryohei got way wasted, everyone did Sake bombs, and surreally, there was a donut eating contest and one of the participants was accused of cheating for the rest of the night. The four of us were the most sober ones there, and we left after about 40 minutes. Back to studio.

We did have a bit of excitement before that actually- we got slammed with a major storm. The sky which was gray all day grew pitch black, and then tornado weather green. We all went outside to see, at least until the golf-ball sized hail started. A few people's car windows were broken. Mine just suffered a few dings on the roof. There was a tornado warning and a vortex signature storm moved across a mile north of us, although there were no sightings. After a time, the storm cleared and the sky grew light into the dusk.


No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende