Aug 9, 2013

Lunch

Moises, Vania, and I walked to the market at the end of the street. Vania and I have been there many times, but Moises felt more comfortable bringing a map anyway. Here is what I ate:
  • Tlacoyo requeso - a fat, blue corn patty fried and stuffed with beans and cheese, and topped with cheese, prickly pear cactus, and salsa. Common pre-columbian food.
  • Quesadilla huitlacoche con queso - a folded over blue corn tortilla stuffed with cheese and corn smut
  • Tacos de barbacoa - two corn tortilla tacos filled with slow roasted mutton, red onion, cilantro, and salsa verde
  • Nieves de Beso de Angel - a kind of sorbet which is a mix of almond, strawberry, and walnut flavors.
Total cost: about $5. I will miss the street food here.


No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende