Oct 25, 2013

Still in Phoenix

Busier day today.

Updated the resume. Applied for short term work at Architecture Resource Team north of downtown. Went to Bookmans with Larry for an introduction to German book. Debated for about twenty minutes over whether to buy a cheap ukelele to play on the porch. Decided I was already hipster enough without the ukelele, and it's just another project I'd likely abandon halfway. Good barbeque at Joe's Real BBQ in Gilbert, and then a quick trip to the birdseed store.

Hit the Pro's Ranch Market (who is Pro, anyway?) and bought a bunch of stuff to make the Mexican food for dinner tomorrow night when Brenda stops by for the night. The cashier was chatty. She talked about how much she loved playing Loteria. I think she was trying to figure out why two blatent Gringos were interested in the game.

Went through the usual paces. Studied German for an hour or so. Walked 2.4 miles.

Last night, I went shopping at Target. I picked up a rope basket for dirty clothes. Browsing the book section, I found the mass market paperback re-release of Ender's Game. On the back, in large, bold letters, it gives away a major plot twist. Granted, it doesn't spoil the book, but it's basically selling Old Yeller with the tagline "They shoot the dog."

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende