Mar 20, 2006

Back to school

Ordered Papa John's Pizza last night- good stuff. Kept myself busy until 10 PM when I crashed in bed. Jet lag got me up again at 5 AM, which isn't terrible for the first night back from a place that's 11 hours different. Weather is cool and gray today, with some overcast skies and some sun. This morning I picked up some modeling clay to sculpt out the "crack" idea in studio. But before that, I got my hair cut at Supercuts. It was a quick and dirty trim, which was what I needed- just enought to neaten it up and get it off my neck and ears. I think next time I'll schedule an appointment with either the Carson Insititue or another salon (where student prices are about the same as Supercuts but you get a shampoo and a better cut). Anyway, feels better to have it cut.

Studio was ok. The teacher was concerened that I'm looking at the crack concept too literally, but loved where I'd placed it on the site. I seem to be brilliantly intuitive for the broader concepts, but I really flounder sometimes taking it to the next step. He suggested I keep some of the forms and ideas, but move the project concept towards the edge condition- the pool center in a rift separating the High School from the rest of the park along the current fenced-in boundary. I need to get out to the site in any case, and I think a more proper solution will present itself there.

Began getting drowsy around 4 (not a good sign) so I grabbed a double cappuchino from the cafe. Should have stuck with a single, as the caffine's making me feel less than spectacular right now at work. I really need to get on top of my presentation for wednesday- my major competition already has her powerpoint presentation put togather.

This may work in my favor, as her strong suit is really her exuberant personality and running through a powerpoint show will probably not showcase it. I think I may just have a few slides showing locations and an itenerary, and discuss the rest using note cards as a referance. We've got a 25 minute slot afforded to us, with a 15 minute presentation and 10 minutes for questions. This is pretty comperable to a studio project presentation, so I'm not worried about not having enough material to talk about.

Bleh, still feeling draggy. Jet lag, too much caffine, and a cough. Wish I had another week of vacation.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende