Mar 7, 2006

Waves licking my chin...

Finished the final revision of my paper this morning before class. Got our first exam back. I got a 90% so I am pretty happy with that. This afternoon I spent working on a model. In structures we got our midterms back. The average grade in the class was a 53%. No curve will be applied. I was lucky to get a 80%. I get the impression that the median grade was closer to 40%. The teacher is unapologetic. He seems to think the problem is on our end. To be fair, the problems are doable, but you have to know the process cold and either be really lucky or really perceptive in order to get them done. Better than a third of the class will be getting danger of failure notices this midterm. So, I survive. Tonight I will work late (read early) to finish the models for tomorrows presenation. I have one scheme at a wrong scale almost completed. One of my orignal schemes was rejected out of hand, and the other needs major revisions. This is just at the basic design phase. We're not even talking actual modelmaking yet. But I've got until 1:15 PM tomorrow to do it.

Tomorrow is wednesday. I can work on my project in the morning, present in the afternoon, and in the evening I can do laundry and figure out a presentation on a paper topic in Latin American desgin that I have to do Thursday. I'll find time to pack somewhere between tomorrow afternoon and when Sally takes me to the airport Thursday. I've figured out the route and trains etc to get to Norwich England but I still need to print out a map.

Run, Alec, Run.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende