Apr 2, 2013

day 2: see day 1

Today was a lot like yesterday, although Alejandro’s father drove the two of us to a metro station down the line so that saved us about 30 minutes and me a combi ride. Cuatro caminos is nuts during rush hour.

Pastries for breakfast, I need to see if I can buy some tea someplace for the office. Got to office early, but it probably not a bad thing. Guisados for lunch, a spicy beef in chile sauce. The guy dishing out the food knew some English, asked me if I wanted it with cream and cheese, and if I wanted rice and beans. Ate with Moises today, and took the metro back with him tonight as far as my second transfer. I’m still stunned inside the metro with the sheer mass of humanity on the move. However, it sounds like the metro is under-utilized.

In a city of 22 million, only 3 million use the system on a given day. If you assume that only a third of the populace is mobile, and has transit needs, then you’re still looking at less than half of that group
In other news, allergies are still killing me. Hope I’m not allergic to the jacarandas.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende