Apr 23, 2013

thriller

The downpour of rain cleared the air tonight, leaving the cool night full of mist. The clouds parted to reveal the full moon, and walking back to the house on the deserted street, I started singing
“‘Cause this is Chu-pa Cab-ra night! Ten cuidado muchachos, cause the beast is out tonight!"
And so on.

I worked about an extra hour tonight since I’m jumping on board a team designing a basilica, and they needed someone to make some diagrams. It started to pour rain, and of course, today I have my nice black leather shoes, no umbrella, no rain jacket.

So I hailed a cab on the street and had all my money, credit cards, and cell phone stolen. No, not really, I hailed a bus and rode it to my metro stop. Got a little wet in the waiting and walking into the metro.

Found a pseudo-Japanese place for take out lunch today since I was walking around the American Embassy. Pretty reasonably priced, actually. The name is Teikit ( get it? ), and the tagline is ridiculously “The Rico Sushi!" Quite a few gringos along with the Mexicans in business suits. They also sell Japanese beers. I picked up a bowl of fried rice with vegetables. It was M$36 which is not bad for lunch if you’re not starving although I think next time I’ll get it with a bowl of miso soup. Trying to keep things interesting (and on budget) for lunch.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende