Apr 20, 2013

quatro caminos: reprise


This is an important view for me. It is the relief of a cool evening sky and the stairwell framing the moon welcoming me as I finally emerge from the subterranean depths of the metro. The stairs are always pitch black, and I emerge into the world of late night vendors selling snacks and tacos, arcade games in tents.

I’ve looked around for the “4 roads" the metro refers to, but I can’t find them. This terminal station was named after the Toreo Quatro Caminos, a huge bullfighting ring which used to be nearby, which was located at the intersection of four roads. It was torn down several years ago, but the name stuck. Even the combi and busses which come and go from the station retain the shortened name to refer to the station: TOREO

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende