Jun 17, 2013

consideration

K and I were talking about neighborhoods and safety and she told me about one neighborhood near where she works. A lot of her coworkers take the metro in and have to cross through, and apparently, all of them have been mugged at one point or another. There is a particularly notorious flight of stairs.

One day, coming back from work, a teacher was mugged on these stairs. They took everything, basically leaving him with only the clothes on his back. Frustrated and angry, he howled in English after his attackers- "How am I supposed to get home?!?!"

His muggers stopped, turned, rifled through his backpack, and threw him his housekeys and 3 pesos for metro fare.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende