Jan 24, 2005

Brain Bugs

Afraid I left with a bit of a cliffhanger last entry. Breifly: Picked up my new sunglasses from Costco, they have polarized tinting which is nice. My cell phone was ok, just needed a hard reboot to relocate the carrier AT&T signal.
Yesterday, I bought a drafting table on sale. It's a really clever design, so I can fold it up and haul it in the car, but still big enough for my drafting.
Studio has begun, and I really like the instructor. He advised us to drop any unnecessary classes, so that's what I plan to do. I dropped the one class in human geography I was planning on taking a day too late, so now its listed as a withdrawn on my transcript. It really bites, but thats what I get for changing my mind at the last minute and not planning far enough in advance. I doubt it will work against me in light of the rigor of my other classes.
Last night was my first night working past midnight on studio projects. We had to make cardboard walls 2 x 2 x 16 inches and cut out, layer by layer, rooms and pathways. Anyway, they liked what I had done, and the amount of reaserch I did, so its a good first impression on the studio instructor. Our class had 18 people the first day, and 15 now. Still a lot. All we did today for three hours was pin-up and presentations. Ate dinner at Sally's, lasagne and salad, my first complete dinner in awhile. Gave Sara and Gabriel their Christmas presents, which they were thrilled with. Halfway through dinner, I realized that I had not registered for the architecture lecture. I worried all through dinner until I got home and realized there was no architecture lecture this semester. I also realized after I got home that I'd completely spaced out the habitat for humanity meeting, where I was going to talk about builds, and also bottled water sales to benefit Habitat International's Tsuanami rebuilding fund.
Not a great start to the semester. I need to get these kinks worked out.

1 comment:

Nancy Case said...

As You-Know-Who would say, "Put your appointments on your database and set the alarm."

Just another "helpful" hint from mom and dad!

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende