Jan 13, 2005

Zoo, then Zombie

I took Jen to the zoo today, as she'd never been. Its been awhile since I'd been back there, and they expanded on thier arizona wildlife section. It was actually kind of impressive. They have a new monkey exhibit where you go in and can walk around with squirrel monkeys in thier enclosure. It reminded me of Singapore where we came across a small grove of trees in the middle of the path filled with darting Tamarins, the tiny golden monkeys. We also stopped to see the Oranguatn feeding, one of the more interesting things to do at the zoo.
After we got back, I went to work at the bookstore. It's surprisingly dead, still, even though all the dorms are opening back up these last few days. They stuck a few of us in the back storeroom, where I spent a mind-bendingly dull hour slapping price stickers on tiny flip pads. I got a nasty headache a little while later. After work I went directly to a AIAS Freedom by Design meeting. It is a commitee which does small projects for people with disabilities in order to improve thier general mobility. We had six architecture students there, an architect, and a contractor. The architect recommended that we take the project as serious as possible in order to learn how projects are solved in the real world. He outlined the general way projects run, from a listing of the clients needs all the way through to shop drawings. We spent a long time discussing building code, both Tempe's building code and ANSI's code which deals with disabilites. My headache worsened and I left early, though towards the end of meeting. It began at work as a back of the head headache, then became a kind of sinus-migrane singing a duet of misery. I felt nearly nauseus. When I got home, I popped a headache pill, drank some water, took a hot bath, then fell asleep on the couch for about an hour and a half. My headache is mostly gone, but I can still feel the back of the head headache still there, quietly pounding and waiting for the pain medicine to break down. Hopefully It'll be gone by morning, as I'm working from 10:30 to 5 tomorrow. Long day.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende