Jan 15, 2005

Iced Teens, Life Aquatic, and Costco Dim Sum

Friday night, Jen and I went ice skating at the Alltel Ice Den. It was TRL, teen request live, so we got a lot of blink 182 soundalikes and some eminem. It was of course packed with screaming young teens. I really felt old when I considered that Taylor would have felt old in this crowd. Afterwards, we went to the Harkins 101, and waited to see Life Aquatic. In the meanwhile, we went to Borders and I picked up a Calvin and Hobbes book I was missing from my collection, deeply discounted. In later reading it, I realized that I particulary enjoyed calvin and hobbes because it was about a character who refused to see the world as everyone else saw it, who demanded excitement and extremity in the face of mediocrity and the mundane. I liked Life Aquatic, but I thought Owen Wilson did a better job than Bill Murray. It was cute, and reasonably lighthearted. I chuckled throughout the movie. Mom would like this one I bet.
Today I drove out to Costco with Jen (her dad got her a card) and ordered a pair of sunglasses from thier optical department. Should get in within 7-10 days. As it was lunch time, we strolled around sampling all the samples, which actually does a pretty good job of filling one up. After picking up some pepper jack cheese and some frozen burritos on sale, we headed home.
Found a snowbird who seemed pretty interested in the Mustang, but he hadn;t called back to arrange a time to come out and see it. I'll wait till monday to call him back. It would be nice to get at least one car out of my hair before school starts. Remember to read MLK's "Letter From Birmingham Jail" or the "I have a dream" speech on MLK day. Ben comes home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nancy Case said...

hey alec this is taylor. Ha the ice den does bring me back to old times. Lucky you got to get out of school on MLK day. I didnt even get out of thanksgiving! Life aquatic does seem pretty good and i thought you had all the calvin and hobbes. you will have to loan me the book when i see you again. Getting Free food samples is always fun and a smart way to get filled up if u are low on cash. Talk to you later
TAy

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende